SSH configuration ???

SSH configuration ???

Postby araldo60 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:05 am

i need to start ssh server but the system say :

Not valid request ! : You do not yet set a custom password for the administrator web access ! - Read help text before changing settings, click help button top right

the Help menu suggest to reach a menu from using putty (ipaddress port 22)
but wich menu can i launch ?

and after i must use the second method as in the help is described for back up

I need to activate this function from other rsync server compatible who ask user password
and after check say login or password is incorrect or wrong
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: SSH configuration ???

Postby fvdw » Fri May 29, 2020 10:33 am

Hi ssh server is already running, so no need to start again
Why you want to start it :scratch

Not valid request ! : You do not yet set a custom password for the administrator web access ! - Read help text before changing settings, click help button top right

Do you want to enable web console? If so you must set a new password for admin-nas. If you do not do that anyone could access the webconsole from your nas via internet using the default password which is a security risk. Therefor you must first change the default password.

Ps for using rsync enabling webconsole is useless.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Fri May 29, 2020 10:42 am

Hi

In the help page, you can read that:
IV. Security policies with the SSH menus :

These menus are available only :

from a local access (same subnet)
if you are set a custom password for the web administrator account (System Management / Setup menu)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby araldo60 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:08 am

Jocko wrote:Hi

In the help page, you can read that:
IV. Security policies with the SSH menus :

These menus are available only :

from a local access (same subnet)
if you are set a custom password for the web administrator account (System Management / Setup menu)

ok i change the password and ssh is running but i dont understand wich user and password i must put inside
on sending system (lacie 2 big tework v2 with orginal os). Or i must configure something on receiver system in this cas with fvwd

it will be wonderfull have a copy of first system inside fvdw with Rsync is this possible ?
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Fri May 29, 2020 11:49 am

If you do not run rsync via Internet, it is useless to use ssh (with the poorish cpu you will get a slow tranfer speed).

Do you noticed the backup menu ? For me it is the easiest way to synchronize your nas (by adding a remote share from your lacie nas)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby araldo60 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:31 pm

Jocko wrote:If you do not run rsync via Internet, it is useless to use ssh (with the poorish cpu you will get a slow tranfer speed).

Do you noticed the backup menu ? For me it is the easiest way to synchronize your nas (by adding a remote share from your lacie nas)

on Lacie now is the only way use rsync is not possible use other configuration

but lacie ask user and password i must use for fvdw under rsync ?
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Fri May 29, 2020 5:28 pm

You have to work on fvdw-sl side.

So you need first to mount a remote share (so for example a share on your lacie nas with one of its user accounts - at least with read privilege) and use the backup menu to sync the share on the fvdw-sl nas
That's all
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby araldo60 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Jocko wrote:You have to work on fvdw-sl side.

So you need first to mount a remote share (so for example a share on your lacie nas with one of its user accounts - at least with read privilege) and use the backup menu to sync the share on the fvdw-sl nas
That's all

Back up system activation

I try to summarize what I understood to back up the lacie network v2 system on the target lacie network v1 system with fvdw firmware.

For speed reasons, suggest not to use the rsync system but to use remote share

I explain what is my goal to get a machine mirroring the lacie 2big network v2 system
Can be used in an emergency.

So it is necessary for me to better understand the back up conditions in both directions
Since once repaired, you can go back to the primary system and vice versa.

1) I must absolutely replicate all users by giving the same permissions to the folders
2) I have to do an integral back up of the primary machine on the secondary
3) In time, repeat the operation incrementally or totally at your choice

What I managed to do after changing the initial admin-nas password I was able to access
In full to the functionality of the system this condition as you have explained and necessary for security problems.

At this point I accessed the menu through file sharing, back up where I made the setting of
By choosing add rsync server

Connection settings on the remote rsync server

Where it locates the lacie 2 big network server that I select
I customize user and password which must be read-only
The default port and the 873 I think it is not good in fact I detect on the primary system
These doors

Open TCP Port: 21 ftp
Open TCP Port: 22 ssh
Open TCP Port: 80 http
Open TCP Port: 111 sunrpc
Open TCP Port: 139 netbios-ssn
Open TCP Port: 443 https
Open TCP Port: 445 microsoft-ds
Open TCP Port: 548 afpovertcp
Open TCP Port: 2049 nfsd
Open TCP Port: 3689 daap
Open TCP Port: 4445 upnotifyp
Open TCP Port: 9000 cslistener
Open TCP Port: 20135
Open TCP Port: 39314
Open TCP Port: 53970
Open TCP Port: 59592

Also do I have to enable remote shell connection on fvdw ?

In this case the door 22 matches with what was detected on the primary system
And also which parameter should I use?

Consider that the lacie 2big when using rsync asks for user and password the system is found

But something is wrong

Log of fvdw
2020/05/29 23:02:22 [9917] connect from LACIE-2BIG.local (192.168.1.144)
2020/05/29 23:02:22 [9917] unknown module 'NAS-di-Mario server' tried from LACIE-2BIG.local (192.168.1.144

Instead you advise me to use remote share if I understand where

using a read user that copies the primary system to fvdw using that can be used scheduler in both cases

I apologize if you consider the questions stupid but not knowing the fvdw system I am not very familiar with I am learning to use it
I find it exceptionally complete but its completeness increases its complexity of use for me
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

You must add on the nas running fvdw-sl an external share (meaning a shared folder of your nas running lacie firmware.
If you have done that you can select in source window this external share and in destination window of the backup window a shared folder on your nas running fvdw-sl.
Then you can schedule a backup on the fvdw-sl nas that will backup your lacie shared folder in a fvdw-sl folder every day, week etc using cron job.

Of course you can also backup a folder of fvdw-sl nas to lacie nas by selecting a fvdw-sl folder as source and the external share as destination

The backup itself will be performed by the rsync binary.

Please note that the rsync server is a different feature! And indeed no need to use that.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby araldo60 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:02 am

fvdw wrote:

You must add on the nas running fvdw-sl an external share (meaning a shared folder of your nas running lacie firmware.
If you have done that you can select in source window this external share and in destination window of the backup window a shared folder on your nas running fvdw-sl.
Then you can schedule a backup on the fvdw-sl nas that will backup your lacie shared folder in a fvdw-sl folder every day, week etc using cron job.

Of course you can also backup a folder of fvdw-sl nas to lacie nas by selecting a fvdw-sl folder as source and the external share as destination

The backup itself will be performed by the rsync binary.

Please note that the rsync server is a different feature! And indeed no need to use that.

ok i see and i understand and developed
let me understand how is the folder strategy for back up
i must create a general folder named for example "newone" and under i must create all the folder that i have under lacie ?
or i can do something to create directly the folder without "newone" ?.
What i develop at moment is create the folder newone on fvdw and after create under back the directory that i want back up.
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Next

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs1