fvdw-sl console 6-0 with 18-1 firmware

fvdw-sl console 6-0 with 18-1 firmware

Postby araldo60 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:18 am

I apologize for my lack of experience I have to go step by step to see if I understand what is described in the installation post.

right now i wonder if i can replace the original disks of my lacie 2big nettwork v1 with two virgin 2 terabyte disks and then proceed with the installation? so if something goes wrong i must install the original ?

then I connect the lacie 2 big network via usb to the usb socket of a pc with windows (which version is better to use?) I disable the firewall for convenience and I connect with the console inside the downloaded package.

I carry out the installation steps as described in the installation phase
and I hope everything is ok.

after i can install addons ?

I have some specific questions
1) how many can be the maximum supported disk size on the lacie 2big v1?
2) supports the raid once the disks are placed in the two bays
3) the server can be reached via the web
4) If the entry template can be reached by web users?

Thanks so much for listening to me
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: fvdw-sl console 6-0 with 18-1 firmware

Postby fvdw » Thu May 07, 2020 11:00 am

araldo60 wrote:I apologize for my lack of experience I have to go step by step to see if I understand what is described in the installation post.

right now i wonder if i can replace the original disks of my lacie 2big nettwork v1 with two virgin 2 terabyte disks and then proceed with the installation? so if something goes wrong i must install the original ?

Yes you can install 2TB disk (not bigger as the bootloader of your nas doesn't support GPT partition tables required for disks bigger than 2 TB.
then I connect the lacie 2 big network via usb to the usb socket of a pc with windows (which version is better to use?) I disable the firewall for convenience and I connect with the console inside the downloaded package.

No you must connect the 2big1 via LAN cable to your router, your pc running fvdw-sl console must be connected also to same LAN.

To be able to install addons you must become donator

2TB see above

all yes (with web template I assume you mean the web interface of the firmware).
Note to access the 2big via internet you will have to set up your router properly to open some ports, not all applications available on the nas can be accessed via internet for instance samba and media servers. In principle you can reroute them via your router to the internet but it could be not safe
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby araldo60 » Thu May 07, 2020 6:22 pm

fvdw wrote:
araldo60 wrote:I apologize for my lack of experience I have to go step by step to see if I understand what is described in the installation post.

Yes you can install 2TB disk (not bigger as the bootloader of your nas doesn't support GPT partition tables required for disks bigger than 2 TB.

No you must connect the 2big1 via LAN cable to your router, your pc running fvdw-sl console must be connected also to same LAN.

To be able to install addons you must become donator

2TB see above

all yes (with web template I assume you mean the web interface of the firmware).
Note to access the 2big via internet you will have to set up your router properly to open some ports, not all applications available on the nas can be accessed via internet for instance samba and media servers. In principle you can reroute them via your router to the internet but it could be not safe

Ok i can use wifi or directly lan connected ?
About the disk if are brand new the system is not recognized on the net its a problem ?
or how is recognized unit ?
For add ons i send you a donation can you verify ?

Thanks
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Thu May 07, 2020 8:11 pm

You must used wired lan to connect your pc. Also if you have more then one network card, disable all of them except the wired connection. In your case at lease wifi interface must be disabled.

Yes you are already added to the donators group
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby araldo60 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:37 am

fvdw wrote:You must used wired lan to connect your pc. Also if you have more then one network card, disable all of them except the wired connection. In your case at lease wifi interface must be disabled.

Yes you are already added to the donators group

I can insert new disk Empty Saving the old One ?
araldo60
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Sat May 09, 2020 10:02 am

Of course, yes. You can take out old one and keep it and insert new empty one
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs1