First installation on empty HDD's. Steps??

Re: First installation on empty HDD's. Steps??

Postby thekarmola » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:46 am

fvdw wrote:If firmare has some corrupt files then upgrading may help, unless it is caused by bad sectors on the disk

Upgraded succesfully everyting OK by all of steps OK. Rebooted. But now i can t login with my admin user
I did changed that by thr old firmware. Just it is no more admin-nas. Als can t logon with admin-nas..
thekarmola

Postby Jocko » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:49 pm

After upgrading the admin login is reset so the current credentials is (login: admin-nas pwd: your-previous-password)
We will change this behaviour on next version to avoid such confusion
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby thekarmola » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:48 pm

Thank you guys, everything works fine now. I want to donate for this good job and have the extended functionality, but some questions about the security of this OS.

Are there ports open on the Firmware which i not can see it, as an example port 22 by SSH access is open and i can't disable SSH, there is no option to do that??

The firmware make contact with internet right? How secure is that, on the previous posts you sayed about chrome version that i am using, just what more info can you see it?? I mean you don't put all the info here please :)) you understand that..
thekarmola

Postby Jocko » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:29 pm

There is no option to stop the ssh server and as long as you do not open its port on your router, there is no issue.

Please to read the help page for each menu, for example you would read this for the the SSH setup menu:
You can choose two modes of identification with the SSH server of the NAS:
· SSH access by password
· SSH access with RSA key

The first mode is the default mode. Because it is less secure, it must be used only in LAN and port 22 should not be forwarded to the router table of the Internet Box (ISP box). This mode is enough to make standard actions by the administrator.
The second mode is used if you have a remote access to the NAS or you execute advanced actions (tunneling, rsync for backup, etc.) where an exchange of keys is required or best.

The firmware sends no data on the WAN, it only requests to get information from our site about firmware version and addons.

I detected you use Chrome with your activity on the board (where phpBB keeps during your session the user-agent information, it is a way but not the only one, to avoid a session hijacking)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby thekarmola » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:21 pm

Hello Guys,

When connecting client using Rsync Server i see on the logs by FVWD this errors:

[6882] rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 39 bytes to socket [Receiver]: Broken pipe (32)
[6882] rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(1532) [Receiver=3.0.9]

The connection works well and i can transfer files from the client. What is it and how can i solve that?

Rsync server configurerd on the FVWD.
Rsync client used to connect to the FVWD with the users and modules.
thekarmola

Postby thekarmola » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:33 pm

How can i remove a Disk on the second bay and add a new one?

Disks are not Raid and the OS is only installed on the BAY1.

I can remove file share from the file management and i have no option to remove the disk by Disks setup. I can rename it, format it.

I don't have installed the new disk yet, just maybe it should be first removed from the FVWD, but how?
thekarmola

Postby Jocko » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:35 pm

I need to deepen this point but you can forget this issue.

If I remember, it is the firmware itself which occurs this error when it sends a request to get the module list without using a valid account (backup menu)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:36 pm

Just remove it when the nas is stopped :scratch you should not do a hot removal even if it is not included in a raid
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby thekarmola » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:42 pm

Jocko wrote:Just remove it when the nas is stopped :scratch you should not do a hot removal even if it is not included in a raid

Thank you at this manner installed the new drive successfully.

Can i try the extra functionality options on the lacie. Can you add me for some days to test it?
thekarmola

Postby fvdw » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:52 am

Can i try the extra functionality options on the lacie. Can you add me for some days to test it?

I am sorry but we cannot do that.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Previous

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs1